ITALY – New 7% tax regime for pensioners
Tax opportunity for individuals
The 2019 Italian Budget Law introduced a very favorable tax regime for individuals who receive pension incomes from any non-Italian entity and who decide to move their residency into Italy. These individuals:
- are subject to a 7% flat tax rate on any non-Italian source income;
- are exempt from wealth taxes on assets held outside Italy.
Conditions needed for the special tax regime to apply
This special regime is available to individuals who:
- transfer their tax residency into a municipality with no more than 20,000 residents in one of these regions: Sicily, Sardinia, Calabria, Campania, Basilicata, Abruzzo, Molise and Puglia;
- have not been tax resident in Italy during the 5 previous years;
- receive a pension income paid by a non-Italian entity.
For further information, read the entire article by clicking on the following link:
(*) This publication contains information in summary and it is just a general guidance. We do not accept any responsibility for loss to any person acting or refraining from action as result of any material in this publication. This publication should not be relied on as a substitute for professional advice.